[squeak-dev] Re: Statistics on merging Cuis with 3.10 on Morph hierarchy

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 00:58:09 UTC 2009

Here are the same statistics but with Pharo dev 09.02.3, Squeak 3.7 and Cuis

Number of Classes removed in Cuis: 271
Number of Classes added on Pharo: 0
Number of new Classes in Cuis: 5
Number of Classes to merge: 59
Number of same methods: 858
Number of changed methods on Cuis: 91
Number of new methods on Cuis: 95
Number of conflicting methods: 66 (methods on 3.7 that different with the
ones in Pharo and Cuis)
Number of changed methods on Pharo: 162 (from 3.7)
Number of removed methods on Cuis: 555
Number of new methods in Pharo: 2387

So, to merge Cuis Morph hierarchy with Pharo, 91+95 methods from Cuis have
to be loaded in Pharo and 66 methods have to be integrated by a human.
To merge Cuis Morph hierarchy with Squeak 3-10, 117+66 methods from Cuis
have to be loaded in Squeak 3.10 and 44 methods have to be integrated by a
human.

I ran the statistics only on the Morph hierarchy because what seems to be
faster in Cuis is the UI. I'm assuming that the Cuis changes in the Morph
hierarchy is what makes Cuis run faster, but I'm not sure of that... of
course we can run the same process for other hierarchies, packages, all the
classes, etc. And if somebody is interesting in knowing which classes,
methods, etc. are involved (the real stuff, not only the numbers), just let
me know.

Hernan.