[squeak-dev] Ubuntu package maintainers help

Matej Kosik kosik at fiit.stuba.sk
Sun Apr 19 18:03:15 UTC 2009

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Even Debian did not object to the licensing anymore - it's in non-free
> because they do not like the idea of purely image-based development.
> Which is one of the reason why I'm only shooting for VM packages for now.

This approach does not make sense to me. What is the point of including
Squeak VM to Debian without image(s) and sources? It would mean that
half of the things is distributed in one way (through Debian
repositories) and other things (images & sources) are distributed in
other ways (users have to hunt for right kind of image and right kind of
sources on the web). In my opinion, this approach is chaotic.

Including Squeak VM to Debian repositories could have been done anytime.
I did try to do that because it alone makes little sense (my opinion).