[squeak-dev] Any good starting points for a slot car layout program?

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 23:44:37 UTC 2009

>Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
>Sun Apr 19 00:25:59 UTC 2009 wrote:
>

>Hi All,
>    does anyone know of an extant program for doing model track layouts?  if
>not, does anyone know of a good starting point?  I want a Smalltalk program
>that will do 2D layouts of scalextric slot car track.  I want a Smalltalk
>program, preferrably for a Squeak dialect.  Any suggestions?
>
>best
>Eliot

Goolged this up as I was exploring:

http://flexmonkey.co.uk/SlotCar/SlotCar.html

pointed to by:
http://flexmonkey.blogspot.com/2009/01/scalextric-in-flex-prototype-components.html

Java app. Source code available. Probably adaptable to squeak. No idea about permissions. No idea if this embodies what your after.

hth,