[squeak-dev] Class definition and ChangeSets

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Apr 27 00:54:46 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 03:46:50PM -0700, Jerome Peace wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am one of those holdouts, still doing my squeak developing with change sets instead of MC.
>
> At a point in my project I decided to clean up by switching to a new change set.
>
> I am not sure what I did. I ended up with a new change set with all the methods for the classes I need. Problem was the class definitions were missing. Left behind.
>
> So the only way I can load the new stuff is to load all the old stuff first.
>
> Curiously, I can not find where a change record is made for the class definition. It does not appear in the dual change sorter. And the sorter does not offer me a way to move just the class definition from one side to the other.
>
> I've tried inspecting the change set (from the second menu) and from there explored the dictionary of changes. I saw nothing that looked like the definition change record. What am I missing?
>
> I would like to know how to solve this problem within the realm of changeset development. Answers, even clues will be appreciated.

Jerome,

Well, the change record for the class definition is probably sitting in some other
change set, but don't sweat it. Just make some trivial change to the class, then undo
the change.  For example, add instance variable #foo and then delete it, or better yet
add some worthwhile update to the class comment ;)  Worst case, file the class out and
file it back in.

Dave