[squeak-dev] Problem with TimeStamp class and ODBC package

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Tue Apr 28 07:28:07 UTC 2009

Hi,

Trying some things with Aida/Web, I got an error with TimeStamp class in
one image with a MNU #day.

The problem, seems, thath ODBC Package, reimplement TimeStamp class,
changing his parent to Magnitude, and changing some selectors.

Initially, TimeStamp (is in Kernel-Chronology category) and is subclass
of DateAndTime thath is subclass of Magnitude.

DateAndTime is who has #day

In my image with the problems, I have installed ODBC, and TimeStamp, is
subclass of Magnitude, and is in Kernel-Magnitude category.

Changing
Magnitude subclass: #TimeStamp

by
DateAndTime subclass: #TimeStamp

I can access to Aida Interface on localhost:8888 and the problem seems
solved, but, I don't know if could be colateral damage for this change,
because ODBC change more things on this class.

I tried to contact with Diego Gómez Deck, but I didn't get any response.

Somebody can solve this?

Cheers.