[squeak-dev] Jabber install problem?

John Chludzinski john.chludzinski at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 14:36:32 UTC 2009

I tried to install (file in) the Jabber package for Squeak (via SqueakMap)
and got a download error when it attempted a UTF8 conversion on some
bullets:

"Dispatch this presence message according to type:
        · available
            Default. Signals that you are online.
        · unavailable
            You are no longer available. Allows for offline options to be
set.
        · subscribe
            An attempt to subscribe to the users presence
        · subscribed
            The subscribe attempt was successful.
        · unsubscribe
            A user is unsubscribing from your presence. The server handles
the actual
            unsubscription, as is sent just for notification.
        · unsubscribed
            A presence unsubscribe completed succesfully.
        · probe
            A query to a users presence. The server processes these
requests. Note that clients
            do not need to handle this type - it is server only."

I removed these bullets and save the file, then exited the image without
saving. Got back into Squeak and then filed in (installed) the modified
file.  It worked fine BUT is there something additional that I stopped when
I was installing from SqueakMap and the error occurred?  BTW, I'm using the
latest image for Windows - 3.10.2-7179.

---John