[squeak-dev] Re: New scheduling policies [Was: Re: Re: Suspending process fix]

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Apr 29 22:03:18 UTC 2009

Careful now in the deep dark voids of tweak we discovered one day that
it was incrementing process priority in the semaphore logic, this led
to the interesting
behavior that the processor priority could reach 327...

However *IF* a walkback occurred it the fellow responsible for
launching the debug logic would create a fork off a new process at the
same priority as the
current process, however in the in the new process logic logic there
was a sanity check for process priority numbers, and it would go boom,
and the house of cards would sliently fall flat. Er since it's in the
debug logic it *was* rather hard at first to determine what was going
on...

I do wonder.

mmm latest pharo image

  [1 == 0] forkAt: 999.