[squeak-dev] Cuis updated to #0250

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sat Aug 1 12:37:38 UTC 2009

K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
> On Saturday 01 Aug 2009 3:35:02 am Juan Vuletich wrote:
>
>> I also added a
>> TextEditor to the World menu that is not a Smalltalk Workspace and may
>> be useful especially for end users.
>>
> I didn't see any Text editor in the World menu or 'open..' menu. I was able to
> create a new TextMorph and edit it.

World / open / text editor. Or alternatively 'Stuff'edit.

> The selection behavior is unusual. If I
> select some text and then click outside the morph, the selection hint goes
> gray instead of vanishing. If I then click back in the selection, the green
> color hint returns and text stays selected instead of changing to a | cursor.
>
> Is this working as designed?

Yes. But that is due to another change I did. If you hold the button
down for a little, you get the right-click menu. This is very useful for
PDA and other pen based systems, and it actually mimics the behavior of
such systems (at least that of my old WinCE pda).

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich