[squeak-dev] Re: Text Editors

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Aug 3 15:24:11 UTC 2009

Juan Vuletich wrote:
> I have the new fonts working in Squeak 3.10.2. All I need to do now is
> to encode the forms as you say, and upload my stuff.

Wonderful!

> I've just downloaded
> http://ftp.squeak.org/current_development/Squeak3.10.2-build/latest/090628-1523_Squeak3.10.2-build.zip
> and didn't find #base64Encoded and #base64Decoded in it. I guess I need
> to update to the latest trunk, right?

This isn't the right starting point. The easiest way to get going is to
fetch the image from
http://squeakvm.org/win32/release/Squeak-3.10.2-trunk.zip and in there
just hit the "Load code from server" button. (I need to find out how to
get a version up on squeak.org).

> Are there some step by step guide on how to update from the trunk, and
> how to later update it with my changes? (I've already followed the
> directions in my invitation to be a core developer). I haven't used
> Monticello in the last 4 years or so...

Updating from the trunk is easy enough, and assuming that you have a
change set, all you need is to file it in and push it back into the
trunk. The trunk has been set up so that you can just update after
pushing a new version.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers,
   - Andreas