[squeak-dev] table widget

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 03:17:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Tudor Girba <girba at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> Is there a table widget in Morphic/Polymorph?

> I am looking for features like:
> - add columns
> - sort the rows based on a column
> - select a row

Well, there is a table morph that I created for my purposes.  It does
a lot of things (multi column sort, column hiding, row selection,
filtering on value and subfiltering, relatively fast).  It does not
actually allow for adding columns - but you could add all of the
columns beforehand and hide the ones you don't want, and then reveal
them to simulate adding columns.  (Of course, not really adding
columns.)
This is for viewing purposes only.  The additional tools are very
rough (i.e, not pretty), and the code isn't necessarily pretty,
either.  However, it is fairly fast (I often use it for viewing
1,000's or even 10,000's of rows).
Find it at:
http://www.squeaksource.com/MutliColumnListMorph
(load lastest MultiColumn Lists, Sort Blocks, and stream enhancements)

For an example of using it, you can load:
http://www.squeaksource.com/CSVData
To see the example, evaluate:
(CSVData fromFileNamed: 'someCSVfile.csv') browse

-Chris