[squeak-dev] step through VM source

askoh askoh at askoh.com
Fri Aug 7 02:46:28 UTC 2009

Thanks for the detailed article about making Squeak callable.

Instead of having a monolithic vm, can we break squeak.exe into squeak2.exe
and squeak2.dll? The squeak2.exe will do the complex multi threaded tasks
and call squeak2.dll which is more passive and simple. The novelty here is
that squeak2.dll can be callable by any *.exe in any language. I also
believe squeak2.dll would be useful for parallel processing in multi-cores.
Is this a good idea? Is it doable?

Thanks,
Aik-Siong Koh