[squeak-dev] Services?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Aug 9 08:02:35 UTC 2009

Folks -

I was looking through the trunk image to find potential unload
candidates when I stumbled over the "Services" category. Am I mistaken
or are services just not used anywhere? I was looking for any class refs
etc. but it seems that all of this is self-referential and ultimately
there is only WorldMenuProvider (which is mostly duplication of
WorldMenu functionality) and BrowserProvider (which are just a few menus).

What am I missing? What are services good for? Where are they used?
Where should they be used? What is the motivation for including them in
the base image?

Thanks for any insights.

Cheers,
   - Andreas