[squeak-dev] Re: PluggableTextMorph without smalltalk shortcuts

Ian Piumarta piumarta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 04:50:42 UTC 2009

On Aug 10, 2009, at 7:55 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> No, Ian updated it quietly. If he does not speak up soon, I'll
> mention it
> publicly on his behalf ;)

I think you just did. :)

> I think he may be planning one more rebuild, so I don't want to pre-
> announce.

The 3.10-6 VM was built from the latest (at the time) VMMaker, so it
has closure support (and a well-behaved caps lock key) but I didn't
spend the 2/3 of a day needed to track down the sources for all the
plugins and update them where necessary before regenerating the
interpreter.  Any plugin that evolved since 3.10-5 is stale in -6.  I
will (in the next few days or so) take the time to update the plugins
where necessary and make a -7 release (with announcement) from
identical sources on the five or so platforms for which I can make
binaries.

The big task after that is going to be figuring out what to do about
libtool 2.2, which is the version present on recent Unix-based OS
distributions and which refuses to work with the current VM sources
for unknown and probably obscure reasons.  I'm tempted to discard the
archaic and horribly over-complex autotools entirely, replacing them
with something significantly simpler such as CMake.

Cheers,
Ian