[squeak-dev] Updating from Squeak3.10.2-trunk.image on Ubuntu - Error: can't find EOCD position

hannes.hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 13:36:06 UTC 2009

Hello

On Ubuntu I installed the following VM
http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-3.10-6.i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz

and used the image
http://squeakvm.org/win32/release/Squeak-3.10.2-trunk.zip

I have removed the plugin

   UUIDPlugin

in the directory /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.10-6 as recommended in
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-August/138225.html

The I hit the "Load code updates" button.

I got an error message 'Error: can't find EOCD position' (see attached
screen shot)

This issue is not urgent as I can use the image I got working on
MSWindows this morning. That image opens fine on Ubuntu. Thank you
Andreas for your helpful answer.

Hannes