[squeak-dev] Re: Hello / Quick Question

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 01:50:55 UTC 2009

As the FNG, class comments are very important to me. I propose:
We should ship a release soon. That's maybe the most important thing in the
universe right now. That said, as the FNG, I would like to propose a general
standard:

- There should be an informative class comment for each class in the base
image.
- Within reason, classes which are in the core image should have a comment
written in a consistent style (e.g., "I represent...")
- It's okay to ship a release without meeting the above two objectives, as
long as we make progress toward the above two objectives.

I personally would not mind wandering the image, looking for crappy or
missing class comments, fixing them where I can, and asking the list for
advice where I can't. I imagine that I could learn a lot that way:)

What do the lovely people of squeak-dev think?

  - Ron, the FNG

P.S.

For those not-in-the-know, the 'NG' in FNG stands for New Guy. I can't
remember that the 'F' stands for.