[squeak-dev] Release process

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 13 14:11:07 UTC 2009

Dear Elliot,

I do understand about documentation. I might be a little facetious if I
point out that "Installer" was probably the first piece of code
published for squeak that I had ever seen any documentation for, and
that was only because I wrote it.

I mentioned the videos because they serve a couple of purposes, firstly
they show that something is being worked upon, and the process of
putting together the video is a helpful quality gate.

Recent events are resulting in a change in priorities for me. I am
restoring my 1977 camper van, which looks something like this
http://www.newlandercamper.co.uk , and I am returning to full time
ministry, back to the real world from whence I came. Squeak was a
temporary bit of escapism for me. Yesterday I had a visit from an
ex-gangster who was beaten up by 11 guys with baseball bats, spent 7
months in a coma, 3 years in hospital, had to relearn how to walk and
talk, I figure folks like him need my time and expertise more than
squeak does.

Squeak-core is now at the bottom of my priority list, and while the
board is in denial, it might as well stay off the list altogether.

Keith