[squeak-dev] Our process, some loose ideas regarding DS + MC

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Sat Aug 15 16:17:01 UTC 2009

Hi!

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz wrote:
> I'm a little disconnected of the Squeak world, for this, I ask: But are
> DeltaStreams working, stable, and functional?

Nope! :) But I think we have reached a point where we could need more
people helping with it. And thus I am trying to get some interest and
also try to discuss how it can fit together with MC.

Regarding the status and the words "working, stable and functional":

In short, DS consists of two parts: Deltas and Streams. The Streams part
has not even been started and it would be awesome to get some help there.

The Delta part is working to a very large extent but is not yet ready to
be used. Deltas do however support all kinds of source code changes
(AFAIK) with full revert ability. So the domain model is perhaps 98%
complete and there are lots of tests so the stuff that is there is quite
stable.

So kinda working and kinda stable :). The functional bit on the other
hand suffers because of two missing pieces that we really need:

1. External file format. Working on it.

2. Tools with UI. Will start working on that soon.

Also, working on #1 I am refactoring, simplifying and cleaning, so the
code is a bit in flux.

regards, Göran