[squeak-dev] Re: Title bar bug on trunk

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Aug 15 22:48:45 UTC 2009

Ian Trudel wrote:
> I have attached a screenshot on Squeak 3.11.3 (beta) VM with 3.10.2
> trunk image and latest updates as of today. The font in the title bar
> is too big causing the window to overflow and having the resize border
> controls inside the title bar (see red arrows pointing the problem).

Yeah, I've seen that too. I don't know what's causing it - dare to dig
into it and try to find out more?

> While it should probably be fixed, I would also like to suggest font
> size in the title bar being one pt size less than what's actually
> available.

This is mostly a memory issue. The new fonts are memory intensive so we
need to be careful about how many of those we include.

> A supplementary note in the "About this image" window in regard to MIT
> license would be a good idea. Better to repeat this as often as
> necessary, as long as we have not agreed on something specific to make
> sure contributions are under this license.

Good idea. Why don't you change it, and push the proposed verbage into
the inbox?

Cheers,
   - Andreas