[squeak-dev] Re: Problem with typing Czech characters in Squeak 3.10 on Ubuntu 9.04

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Aug 17 21:38:00 UTC 2009

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
>   The VM appears to be sending the base character and the compostion
> accent character.  Which itself is correct but the image side has to
> do something.
>
> In the Etoys image, there is a class called
> UnicodeCompositionStream.  If you stick "97 (= 16r61) and 769 (=
> 16r301) to that stream, you get out of the accented a.

Sweet! I was just looking at it, it looks as if the code that generated
the mapping was stripped out. Do you still have it somewhere? Also, is
the rule of combinations complete or does it only cover the common
combination rules?

In any case, this is hugely valuable - I'll check to see how we get this
into Squeak.

Cheers,
   - Andreas