[squeak-dev] Re: Title bar bug on trunk

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Aug 18 13:01:52 UTC 2009

Ian Trudel wrote:
>> It just means we should limit ourselves. We can include more fonts but each
>> takes a good chunk of memory (depending on point size) so we should pick
>> them carefully. You might want to ask Juan if he can post a "full" set of
>> point sizes somewhere that people can load and then we pick the three most
>> relevant sizes ("small", "regular" and "title" font). The current set was
>> picked by Juan and it works well for me.
>>

> The current set isn't bad at all, I must admit. The title is just a
> point too big in my opinion. The fonts included are listed in World
> Menu > Appearance > System fonts > List fonts ? Juan, is it
> customizable?

Yes it is. I suggest taking a look at Cuis, as it includes several
additional sizes, including 11 (although not in bold). Before preparing
size 11 (with bold, italic and bold italic) and adding it to the trunk,
I'd like to know if people thinks adding another size is worth the space
used. This is because it will take me one or two hours, and I prefer not
spending that time if people thinks it is better not to include it.

If you want to build it yourself, get
http://www.jvuletich.org/Squeak/Misc/BitmapDejaVuSourceData.zip , taka a
look at #installDejaVu and start from there.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich