[squeak-dev] 3.11 and the trunk

Steve McCusker stevemccusker at pobox.com
Wed Aug 19 11:58:36 UTC 2009

I've been watching this list for a while, and playing with Squeak & Seaside.
I have been a software developer for 40 odd years and have used various
Smalltalks during that time as well lots of other tools and Smalltalk is my
favourite development language where constraints (money, employer's whims
etc) permit.

I was about ready to forget Squeak because of the sudden abandonment o f
Matthew & Keith's efforts to create a sensible set of tools to take Squeak
development onwards.

So I was really pleased to see Andreas' email.

Sad it took so long him and the board to realise what Keith was trying to
do, and yes he is a bit prickly sometimes, but I think a convincing apology
from Andreas and the rest of the board might help heal wounds and get a
better Squeak development going.

Cheers from the far side of the world.

Steve McCusker
Hobart