[squeak-dev] Re: [class comments] Kernel-Classes

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Wed Aug 19 20:53:51 UTC 2009

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> ... because its purpose is to keep a class organized. It inherits the
> ability to categorize and extends it with class specifics. What's
> wrong with that?

Well, I just heard you say "The ClassOrganizer subclass only extends this with class comments". I guess I misunderstood.
If I read more code I can find out for sure. *Something* seems unclear with either the class names or the existing class
comment in these three:

   Categorizer
    BasicClassOrganizer
     ClassOrganizer

I think the second is actually the one that deals with class comments. (How apropos that I picked these..)

Well, right now I'd comment these something like so:

Categorizer: I represent an easily-manageable association of category names to element objects. See my documentation
method for more.

BasicClassOrganizer: I represent a Class which has a comment and a category. (Move most of existing ClassOrganizer
comment here.)

ClassOrganizer: I represent a Class whose category can be easily managed.