[squeak-dev] irc bots update

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Fri Aug 21 01:26:47 UTC 2009

I have been refining my irc announce-bots in #squeak-in-depth. Today we judged them fit for polite company and they
graduated to the main channels. They are:

in #squeak:

  squeakplanetbot   - announces blog posts appearing on planet.squeak.org
  squeakbugsbot     - announces new and revived mantis bugs (currently receiving further polish)
  squeaktrunkbot    - announces code published on source.squeak.org
  squeaksourcebot   - announces code published on squeaksource.com

in #etoys:

  etoystrackerbot   - announces new bugs in the squeakland tracker (squeaklandbugsbot didn't fit...)

  etoysupdatesbot   - announces new etoys code updates

not yet graduated, and offline till I make them comply with stackoverflow's requirements:

  sosqueakbot       - announces squeak-tagged questions on stackoverflow.com
  sosmalltalkbot    - announces smalltalk-tagged questions on stackoverflow.com

I'll continue to watch and tune these for a while. The goal is for them to be non-annoying, useful and maintenance-free.
Please contact me in case of trouble. I'm sm on irc.freenode.net. Thanks to Ken and Bert for their comments and help
setting up feeds.

-Simon

PS for the curious: these all announce rss/atom feeds using the rss2irc software. They mostly poll every 5 minutes with
squeaksource, trunk and the planet going a bit slower. You can remind yourself what they do by sending "/whois botname".