[squeak-dev] Mac carbon VM 4.2.1Beta1U posted

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Aug 21 15:52:09 UTC 2009

Ok, well the 4.x series of macintosh VM work with UTF8 file names. I
believe *all* the latest VM of
any platform flavour default to UTF8 for file names & paths.

What is going on here is the File Browser likely thinks the file names
are macroman and not handling
the UTf8 characters properly. The AE[] is 2 byte UTF8 sequence for the ƒ

You should make a bug report, then someone can look at Pharo and
understand what they did to fix the FileBrowser code.