[squeak-dev] ShoutCore in Trunk

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Aug 22 05:15:38 UTC 2009

Folks -

Thanks to Andy Tween who released a version of Shout that only includes
the core portion (ShoutCore), we now have syntax-highlighting back. Not
only that, it comes without any ugly extensions or overrides. It Just
Works (tm). If you don't like it, or if you don't want it you can just
unload it and will go without a side effect.

I also took the liberty to enhance the (somewhat aggressive) default
style table with a set of more subdued highlights. This is intended for
people who are not used to syntax highlighting and will hopefully help
them to ease into the idea of colorful code ;-) But if you want the
original settings back, turn off the "Subdued Syntax Highlights" preference.

Cheers,
   - Andreas