[squeak-dev] Loading in-memory Project file

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 20:55:05 UTC 2009

2009/8/22 Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>:
> Not sure what you mean by "load in memory". Why would you want to do that?

The initial idea is to allow the community to provide fixes or
improvements on the main project in the trunk. We cannot send
separated files on the Monticello repository as far as I understand.

For example, I have suggested to write something about the license in
the "About this image" window. I simply add the text, save the project
file. Then the code load the project into a class method but at that
point, why would we save the file back on disk to load it again? It's
slow and so many things can go wrong. I think it's better to load data
from memory.

Ian.
--
http://mecenia.blogspot.com/