source.squeak.org notification limits (was Re: [squeak-dev] Enh to AA StrikeFonts now in Trunk)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sun Aug 23 17:32:09 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-23 at 02:40 +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 23.08.2009, at 00:31, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> > I had a couple of small problems with MC.
> > - For some reason, an email was sent about Graphics-jmv.68, but not
> > about Graphics-jmv.67. Don't know if this matters at all.
>
> I think Ken mentioned something about a huge diff not being
> delivered ...

Indeed.  Squeak-dev automatically blocks any message over 100KB which is
quite reasonable, certainly if the text of the message in itself exceeds
100KB which would be the case here.  But of course we would like the
notification sent in some form.  I suppose the solution is to just leave
off the diff if it exceeds some reasonable size (say 20KB?) as no one is
too likely to want to look through so much code in an email anyway.
This should probably be a per-project or even per-receiver configuration
option since the limit is largely defined by the receiver.

I've added this to my todo list, but it's rather far down at the moment,
so contributions are welcome.

http://squeaksource.com/ss.html

Ken