[squeak-dev] Trunk commits

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Mon Aug 24 11:08:29 UTC 2009

On 24-Aug-09, at 3:41 AM, Ian Trudel wrote:

>> Ok... but they don't come by the truck load just yet. Why worry
>> about it
>> until they do?
>
> Here's the thing: there is a lot of laissez-faire already. The image
> is messy, the wiki/documentation are messy, and it goes on and on.
> We'll fix later sounds like a motto. We certainly cannot step ahead
> every problem but we should at least take time to think, if only the
> time of a discussion.

Ah, but this isn't a case of "we'll fix it later." This is "we'll fix
it if it becomes a problem."

If it does become a problem, and we find we have to deal with hundreds
of commit messages per day, then the best solution will likely look a
bit different than one we'd choose today. If it ain't broken, don't
fix it.

Colin