[squeak-dev] Trunk commits

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Aug 24 11:48:33 UTC 2009

Hello —,
Am 2009-08-24 um 10:27 schrieb Bert Freudenberg:
[…]
> PROPOSAL: we make the detailed commit notices go to a separate list
> as soon as someone has added a "digest" feature. This would send a
> daily or weekly summary to squeak-dev, containing just the commit
> summary a link to the detailed diffs. Bonus points for listing
> affected classes.

In fact, mailman (wich is aparently powering this list) is capable of
creating daily digests.
That said, having this list subscribing to a distinct commit-mailing-
list, is would  be
possible to have squeak-dev receiving only the digest whilst have all
other subscribers
receive the standard form.
    A side effect would be that the digest would already contain all
discussion going on
the commit-list. This would avoid the opt-out-scenario described by
Michael. In fact,
it would be opt-in (to the commit list) for everyone interested in
very recent commit
messages and disscussion of them.

So Long,
	-Tobias