[squeak-dev] Re: Incompatible code between pharo and Squeak

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 17:59:24 UTC 2009

Guiseppe:  I can talk only for what I did. SqueakDBX fortunately works ok in
Squeak and Pharo. However sometimes I had to change a bit my code, but
little things. On the other hand, for Glorp I did something different. I
create a separate package called GlorpPharoAdapator or something like that
that add the methods extensions or overrides I need to do in Glorp so that
it loads in Pharo. This is something like a patch, but works. I don't know a
lot of Glorp and it is not my project and as it has no maintainer in Squeak,
I did that. Perhaps a better approach would be to understand the changes and
see the best solution to work on both dialects. The thing is that this is a
problem of the package

best

Mariano