[squeak-dev] sharing

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Aug 26 00:25:06 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Jecel" == Jecel Assumpcao <jecel at merlintec.com> writes:

Jecel> - You can go from I to either E or S (which one depends on what the
Jecel> other caches say) by fetching a copy.
Jecel> - You can go from E to S if you see anybody else fetch a copy.
Jecel> - You can go from S to E by asking everybody else go from S to I and
Jecel> inform you they have done so.
Jecel> - You can go from E to M by writing to your copy.
Jecel> - You can go from M to E by saving your copy to main memory.
Jecel> - You can go from E or S to I if you need to reuse the cache line for
Jecel> other data.

    digraph Jecel {
      I -> {E; S} [label = "fetch"];
      E -> S [label = "other fetch"];
      S -> E [label = "force other S->I"];
      E -> M [label = "write"];
      M -> E [label = "save"];
      {E; S} -> I [label = "reuse"];
    }

Name it "jecel.dot", read it into OmniGraffle or any Graphviz Tool.

:)