[squeak-dev] One-line change to Monticello

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Aug 26 21:39:48 UTC 2009

On 26.08.2009, at 23:23, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 26.08.2009, at 22:55, Danie Roux wrote:
>
>> (the commit message didn't go through, something about an upstream
>> proxy server)
>>
>> There's a one line fix to Monticello in the inbox that allows mcm's
>> also be listed when you view the contents of a repository.
>

> Err, I can see the update.xx.mcm files fine. What is this "fix"
> supposed to accomplish?

Oh. I see. Well, the right fix would be to remove the line altogether.
Does anybody know why or when it was introduced? This indeed filters
the names of files shown in a repository. It would filter malformed
mcz names too. Not a good idea IMHO, and the last time I looked at
that method, it definitely was unfiltered.

- Bert -