Image Search (was Re: [squeak-dev] [Meta] Boolean#asBit discussion. What just happened here?)

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 18:40:13 UTC 2009

What about a fast search box on the right hand side of the menubar:)
Something that kept an index for snappiness a la Spotlight on the Mac.
I think ideally you would type in arbitrary text, and if you type a
class name you'd get that as the top hit, if you type a #selector:
then you might get a list of classes that implement it, etc. But
here's an even more radical idea: What if you could just type in a few
interesting keywords and get back hits in the class comments too?

There's a lot of "stuff" in a Squeak image. We might break a little
ground if we thought about finding stuff in the image in terms of
document retrieval.

--
Ron