[squeak-dev] Squeak Accessibility

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Mon Dec 7 14:36:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 19:27:56 +0530, "K. K. Subramaniam"
<subbukk at gmail.com> wrote:

>Version 3.8 image contain a Speech-TTS package for converting text to speech.
>You can open a workspace by pressing alt k and then type:
>
>    Speaker child say: 'welcome to squeak'
>
>and press alt-d to run this statement, you can hear a greeting in a child's
>voice.

I can also say that Dragon Naturally Speaking (commercial voice
recognition) works fine with Squeak - I use it with BrainBot (one of
my robots) all the time.

The Standard version of the product is able to inject text directly
into a Squeak workspace or other text window.

Later,
Jon