[squeak-dev] Re: Morph shadows

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Dec 8 23:41:27 UTC 2009

Chris Muller wrote:
> Would someone point me to the code that renders the shadow drawn when
> a Morph is picked up?  My #drawOn: involves bit-blitting a separate
> scaled Form onto a particular region of the Display Canvas that comes
> into drawOn:.
>
> The shadow made of this form is not tracking properly with the picked
> up morph; it slides out further and further wider and lower as I move
> down and to the right.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.

Check out Morph>>wantsToBeCachedByHand this may be your problem already
(have it return true to make sure the hand isn't having some undue
assumptions about how to cache that morph). The actual drawing happens
in HandMorph>>updateCacheCanvas: / HandMorph>>shadowForm depending on
whether it uses caching or not.

Cheers,
   - Andreas