[squeak-dev] OSProcess left-over pipe handles?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Dec 11 20:57:19 UTC 2009

Hi -

Today I noticed that we're starting to accumulate lots of pipe handles
on our servers when running for a while. I believe these are the results
of OSProcess usage and I was wondering what the correct way to clean
these up would be. lsof lists all of them just like here:

squeak    16372 Teleplace  824r     FIFO                0,6
2214233 pipe
squeak    16372 Teleplace  825r     FIFO                0,6
2217936 pipe
squeak    16372 Teleplace  826r     FIFO                0,6
2215398 pipe
squeak    16372 Teleplace  827r     FIFO                0,6
2214561 pipe
squeak    16372 Teleplace  828r     FIFO                0,6
2214590 pipe
squeak    16372 Teleplace  829r     FIFO                0,6
2215321 pipe
squeak    16372 Teleplace  830r     FIFO                0,6
2215385 pipe

so it's a bit difficult to find out what's going on. Any ideas for how
to track this down and a way to clean them up?

Cheers,
  - Andreas