[squeak-dev] Image Versions (Re: Trunk image size)

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 23:20:43 UTC 2009

On Friday 11 December 2009 08:04:14 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> IMHO instead of branching for release we should do a feature freeze and
>  code freeze, maybe for 2 weeks, call the result a release, and then
>  continue the happy hacking. Otherwise the burden of releasing again falls
>  onto too few people. We should all be working towards a release together.
>  The actual releasing would take nothing more than packaging and uploading.
Sure.  We could have a short 'cool down' period when the  trunk is frozen. . A
release is much more than packaging and uploading. People will need time to
cleanup image, take screenshots and screencasts for documentation, update
documents and websites, post announcements, blogs etc.

Just so that the pace doesn't slacken, The Freeze can be kept short (say no
more than two weeks) and well-spaced (say no more than four freezes in a
year).

Now back to the topic of image versioning :-).

Subbu