Release candidates / process (Was: Re: [squeak-dev] Image Versions (Re: Trunk image size))

Ronald Spengler ron.spengler at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 00:06:06 UTC 2009

I'd like to suggest:

Prior to release, a release candidate *image* is cut. Only bug fixes
go into this, and would also be applied to the trunk.

This is a pretty common agile tactic which allows releases to
stabilize without ever halting development on the mainline.

Have cake and eat too!!!! Just make a copy of the cake before you eat it. :)

--
Ron