[squeak-dev] Re: Packages, Packages, Packages

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 05:29:52 UTC 2009

Just two thoughts:

You've outlined the technical merits of the different systems, but I think
that the community has chosen Monticello. My experience looking for an RFB
that worked demonstrated to me that it's the only system people take
seriously for updating. A sudden change in direction to SM or Universes is
going to jar the largest number of people, I would imagine.

What about parcels? Elliot was saying some extremely compelling things about
them recently. Is that a non-starter or too far in the future?

Chris