[squeak-dev] Packages, Packages, Packages

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Sat Dec 12 14:25:40 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> Folks -
>
> Here is the long overdue post about packages and how to manage them.

+1000

One of the things that struck me about squeak after a few years of not
actively doing anything with it was how difficult it was to determine where
all the cool stuff was and how to get it loaded (including dependencies).  I
recall thinking how impossible it must be for anyone new to squeak to figure
it out.  I think this is perhaps the most important issue to address in
squeak and the solution doesn't demand perfection (for which the pursuit has
been the downfall of many previous attempts).  It just needs to work
reasonably well.

- Stephen