[squeak-dev] Re: Packages, Packages, Packages

Ken G. Brown kbrown at mac.com
Sat Dec 12 19:55:14 UTC 2009

At 8:14 PM +0200 12/12/09, Igor Stasenko apparently wrote:
><quoted material snipped>
>I am clueless, why people eagerly jumping into the boat in one case,
>but prefer to stay away from it in another.
>Something irrational in this..
>
>The Sake and Bob [1] projects were announced more than a half year
>earlier than Metacello, but there are few people who ever took time to
>evaluate it (including me).
>But sure, why we would need to ever look at it, if we got a new shiny toy?
>
>I have nothing against Metacello project , neither beloved with
>Sake/Bob solution(s). I know very little about them.
>But if i would need a packaging tool, i'd first consider alternatives
>& look for existing tools and evaluate them before jumping with closed
>eyes.
>
>[1] http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5953
>
>--
>Best regards,
>Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Thx for bringing that up, I cannot understand it either.

Look here for some further info I've saved over time re: Sake/Bob etc.
It seems to me that Keith had always talked sense regarding the way forward.
Maybe Andreas will take a look at Sake and friends now.

<http://squeaktipsandtrickswatch.blogspot.com/>

Ken G. Brown