[squeak-dev] VMmaker install problem on latest Trunk

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 14:16:43 UTC 2009

I did it two days ago.

Before I'd like to thanks everybody help. Now, except for UUIDPlugin
which code needs a fix for Fedora (#include <uuid.h> must be #include
<uuid/uuid.h>) all plugins are compiling clear. Another little issue is
that make install copies plugins as so.xxx to
/usr/local/lib/squeak/3.11.3- and I had to link everything to correct
names xxx.so:

# cd /usr/local/lib/squeak/3.11.3-

# for FILES in so.*
 > do
 >   ln $FILES `echo $FILES | cut -f2 -d.`.so
 > done

To have VMMaker in trunk:

1st: Install Speech from Monticello Browser (repository
http://www.sourcecode.com/Speech
2nd: Install VMMaker from Monticello Browser (repository
http://www.sourcecode.com/VMMaker

I guess that would be enough to have VMMaker working.

Best regards,

CdAB