[squeak-dev] Loading Monticello Packages Programmatically

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sun Dec 13 19:21:47 UTC 2009

On 2009-12-13, at 10:29 AM, Jon Hylands wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 09:16:54 -0800, Colin Putney <cputney at wiresong.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> MCVersionReader loadVersionFile: '/mnt/dns323/monticello/package-name.XXX.mcz'
>
> Sorry, one other question.
>
> After looking into it, it appears that it is difficult to enable NFS
> on my net drive. They do however, provide an FTP server, and I know
> Monticello can read from FTP-based repositories.
>
> Programatically, what is the simplest way to do that?

Yes, you'll need the Monticello loaded. It would be nice to have a no-UI programmatic core-library version of MC, but there's no such beast right now.

To load from an FTP server, you'll want something like this:

| repository |
repository := MCFtpRepository
	host: 'dns323.local'
	directory: 'monticello'
	user: 'roz'
	password: 'roz'.

(repository versionFromFileNamed: 'package-name.XXX.mcz') load.

Colin