[squeak-dev] Re: Updated trunk image (Squeak3.11-8472-alpha.zip)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Dec 13 22:14:37 UTC 2009

On 12/13/09 7:43 PM, "Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> 1. Packages that should be in the core image
>     (e.g., Kernel, Compiler, Collections)

>From my experiments the small set could be

Collections
Compiler
Compression
Exceptions
Files
Graphics
Kernel
Monticello
Morphic
MorphicExtras
Multilingual
Network
PackageInfo
Protocols
ST80
Services
System
ToolBuilder
Tools
Traits

Maybe we could go deep and some of this could be sub sets of working image
(Ladrillos idea)

> 2. Packages that should be in the default image

Difficult question. I suppose no way all agree , but you could start a "Vote
for favorite packages et all " poll.

And what is the default? Actual 3.11 ? Some bigger 'a la Fun' ?

> 3. Packages that should be trivially loadable
>     (e.g., Seaside, Aida)

Here for the most used we should have info trough www.squeak/
I think we have, but just in case...

Edgar