[squeak-dev] Re: A 1 million bucks question :)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Dec 15 03:43:49 UTC 2009

Ken Causey wrote:
> Part of the problem is that the potential user-base of any particular
> repository is probably not that large.  I myself have been a Debian user
> for a decade or more and while I used the available repository a couple
> of times, inevitably for one reason or another I always built my own VMs
> and used a wide range of images and as such the repository was of little
> use to me.  While I'm sure there are some users, certainly it would be
> useful to newcomers, the reality is that the more hardcore users find it
> more limiting than useful.

I think that's well-understood. The target audience is probably not
hard-core users but rather those where you're with a friend running
Linux and want to say "just type apt-get squeak" or somesuch. But like I
was saying, I know little of these matters so I'm not certain how
valuable that would be. What do others think?

Cheers,
   - Andreas