[squeak-dev] Re: Unix updates

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 16:51:19 UTC 2009

On Thursday 17 December 2009 01:59:07 pm José Luis Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> squeak.sh has the same problem I've discussed once again in this list for
> the last four years: they are developer focused. I don't have anything
> against a developer view, but I want the squeak packages being end-user
> friendly. I'm very focused/biased on the educational uses of Squeak
Ditto here. Students often have to work from a pool of computers, so Bert and
I put in some code to make Etoys work off even a removable media or shared
folder with noexec. A script can be launched off even a noexec volume. All it
needs is a desktop file with Exec="sh /media/blah/etoys/etoys.sh".

> ... but I want to keep the gnome/kde and
> mime integration I added to the squeak-vm package.
Currently, squeakvm can work off any directory, so the *.desktop file also needs
to support this feature. But I don't know of any way to refer to the path
containing the *.desktop file in the spec and I am forced to work with patching
it after every move. Any idea on how to fix this?

Subbu