[squeak-dev] Modular Plugins

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Dec 21 18:13:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 09:04:21AM +0530, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> 2. Generate support header files like sqVirtualMachine.h along with *Plugin.c
> file, so that the code can be built independent of the VM directory layout.
> This will be useful while porting sq*.c files to a different platform - say like
> hacking device names or timings.

What to folks think about this idea? I think that the intent of this
suggestion is to make it potentially easer to generate and build an
individual plugin without the need to build the entire VM. The
down side would be that it could cause problems for the people
who write and support the platform code.

I have no preference one way or the other, but I'm curious what
others think.

Dave