[squeak-dev] Re: Help with PackageInfo-Base in inbox

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Wed Dec 23 18:09:58 UTC 2009

On 2009-12-23, at 9:47 AM, Andreas Raab wrote:

>>> Anyone up for checking the submission and giving it a thumbs up or down?
>> Thumbs down, I say. It appears to reverse the meaning of overridden; ie, it causes #overriddenMethodsDo: to answer the methods it overrides in other packages, rather than the methods it contains which have been overridden by other packages.
>
> Thanks. But ... how exactly is one supposed to know that?

Not sure I understand the question. Are you saying that the PackageInfo source is impenetrable? If so, I agree. The code is fairly well written, but ultimately it's a hack that has way, way outgrown its intended lifespan, and it can be kind of confusing. Or was there something more specific you wanted to know?

Colin