[squeak-dev] Re: Help with PackageInfo-Base in inbox

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Wed Dec 23 18:22:48 UTC 2009

On 2009-12-23, at 9:47 AM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Thanks. But ... how exactly is one supposed to know that?

I guess I should have gone into more detail. If you look at the implementation of #overriddenMethodsDo:, you'll see that it iterates over all the overridden methods in the image. The current version sends #isOverrideOfYourMethod: to find out if the method belongs to the package, but has been overridden by another package. See the implementation of #isOverrideOfYourMethod:. The proposed change instead sends #isYourClassExtension:, which effectively inverts the logic. Overridden methods will be in a category like *foo-overrides. This means the package foo is overriding some other package. #isYourClassExtension: will answer true when sent to package Foo, but not package Bar.

Make sense?

Colin