2GB changes file and a pony (was: [squeak-dev] ALL CLEAR (Re: CompiledMethodTrailers ready for use))

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Dec 24 16:44:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 06:07:28PM +0200, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Btw, Dave
> since your changes are 100% backwards compatible,
> i think we can just patch the existing class, instead of creating a new one.
> What you think?

Yes, you're right. But I feel safer putting in a new class that can
be reverted easily, and maybe combining them later if no problems
arise. Also I think that other folks may have good ideas for different
implementations of SourceFileArray, and maybe it is a good idea to
leave the original StandardSourceFileArray as a reference.

Anyway, I am running an image with a large changes file now, and
if I don't find any problems I'll add it to the trunk within the
next day or so.

Dave